Since testing began on April 5th until November 23rd, we reported to County health officials 187 confirmed COVID-19 cases for residents and staff.
Mitigating Actions Implemented to Prevent or Reduce the Risk of Transmission
At Avocado Post Acute, we implemented the following safety procedures:
- In late February, all personnel at Avocado Post Acute received a memo reiterating Infection Control practices (hand hygiene, proper use of PPEs, cough etiquette, and putting up warning signs for visitors, among others).
- In early March, we created a plan on how to deal with a situation like that in which we now find ourselves. We are now implementing that plan.
- We began screening all visitors, including checking their temperatures during the first week of March.
- We implemented social distancing and a number of other mitigation measures in the second week of March, and we began to limit visitors.
- On March 13th, we ended all visitation by family members or friends and implemented the “transition room” policy, which is described below.
- At the same time, we began having calls twice a week with all the administrators, directors of nursing, an outside MD, and our corporate clinical staff to discuss best practices, and get a good picture of what’s occurring on the ground and provide guidance.
- All non-essential personnel were asked to work from home on March 16th.
- All residents and personnel are now required to wear masks.
- [Where applicable] The ___ County Department of Health completed ___ infectious preventative focus survey(s) and they found no deficient procedures.